There may be a circumstance where by some google mail accounts are unable to receive messages from the domain @instagram.com.
In this case, when you try and reset your Instagram account password, you may be unable to recieve your instagram password reset email.
This recently happened to me with one of my busniess instagram accounts. it took me a little while to figure out the best way to let instagram emails get through to my gmail account but when you know how, it's quite a quick and easy fix!
If you're unable to recieve password rest emails from instagram, follow the steps below to allow password reset emails from instagram through to your google mail account.
1. Log in to your gmail account at www.gmail.com
2. Click the gear icon in the top right hand corner and select 'Settings'
3. Select 'Filters' from the settings options tabs at the top center of the window
4. Select 'Create a new filter' from the center of the window
5. Write '@instagram.com' in the 'From' text box of the filter settings and click 'create filter with this search' at the bottom right of the filter settings window
6. Select the check boxes 'Star it', 'Never send it to Spam', 'Always mark it as important' and 'Catagorize as 'Personal' '. Then click the 'Create Filter' button.
7. Go to https://instagram.com/accounts/login/ , click 'Forgot password' and follow the steps.
You should now receive your password reset email from Instagram!